Republic Commando - Modding Academy
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

der nachfolger von rcreloaded nach dessen unglücklichen schließung

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Republic Commando 2-Order 66

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  Empty
BeitragThema: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyDi Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Hallo Leute!

Sorry if i don't speak German. Aber ich spreche nicht sehr gut Deutsch Embarassed

So i'm here to present my own project: RC2- Order 66. It is the continuance of the first RC so you'll play as RC-1138 alias Boss.

So what's news then?

In this mod, you'll not play as the leader of your squad but as all the member (depend of the missions) and you'll play as Omega Squad and even Arc Trooper maybe. There will be a new member in Delta Squad called Viper and will join you after his training (sort of short tutorial to show you how to play)

There will be new characters, new weapons, new maps, new storie( new anims maybe ?) , new skins and an improvement of almost all the textures.

The story will start on Kamino with Viper's training. Meanwhile, Delta Squad is on Kashyyyk. After Viper's training and after Delta squad's missions on Kashyyyk, they both go on Coruscant for a rescue mission with the help of Omega Squad and Arc Troopers.

The mod will take place on different planets of the Star Wars Universe (Naboo, Coruscant(Street+Jedi Temple), Kashyyyk, Trandosh'aa, Ilum, Géonosis)

I already made a fews skins (approximatly 45% of what i want to do) and all the squad skins are ready to use. I have a few maps in progress, one briefing map completly done, and 2-3 maps done without AI script for the moment.

I can't post screenies of the mod cause all the screens i made are terribly old and i changed some things (and had to remake it all many times)

So why am I posting this here?

First to make a little advertising ( Razz ) but to ask you to help me too. In fact, i'm really bad with AI script and it never works when i try to do something. So if a nice person will help me, it will be nice. Just send me a PM and i'll send you the map and tell you what you have to do.
And if someone is good mapper it will be a pleasure. Very Happy

Hope you'll help me. Have a nice day, night or whatever you want ^^

Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1008

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Apr 25, 2012 9:30 am

hey!

first...would it be possible do rename your mod just to "Republic Commando - Order 66" ? there already exists one RC2 mod. Delta Operations ^^

then...nice to see anotherone who mods for this classic star wars game active! if i have time i'll help you! but could be different.

where do you think you'll find coruscant assets? scratch
Nach oben Nach unten
http://rcmodacc.fare-forum.net
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

Well, name of the mod isn't really important until there is Order 66 in it :p

I found some coruscant models here http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=17

And some are from Battlefront modders. But for the moment i'm working on the Kamino, Kashyyyk and Geonosis campaign ^^
Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Apr 25, 2012 1:15 pm

to import these files you'll need them as ASE files!
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

In fact, i'll convert them to .obj and then to .ase. First to .obj with Blender and then to .ase with Xsi. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

if done, can you upload em here somewhere? with textures? would be awsome!
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySa Mai 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Well i don't know if i can do this during this week cause i have a Film Project for school but when it will be done, i'll post it Very Happy

Edit: Here it is Wink http://www.sendspace.com/file/eaeapl

Models from SciFI3D don't work because Xsi says there is something missing in the mesh so i can't convert it to .ase :'(

So there are only a few models used by Battlefront modders. Drawscale isn't correct, except for the bar. There is no blocking volume so you'll pass through it.
Btw blocking volume aren't necessary except for the bar Smile

And just a question: Do you have a release date for Delta Operations? Cause i'm really impatient to play Raxus Prime Campaign ;D

Edit

And here are some of my skins and HD reskins. It could be usefull Smile

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xl5r6y
Nach oben Nach unten
Six
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Anzahl der Beiträge : 292

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySo Mai 06, 2012 7:15 am

you could try to convert them with blender instead of XSI.
however, don't expect too much. those models seem to be pretty high poly. they are probably too complex for repcom.

btw, there is a pretty easy way to add the right collision to those staticmeshes. place the staticmesh into your map; rightclick on it; convert to brush; lay the red brush over the staticmesh: rightclick on the staticmesh again; save brush as collision. works only if the mesh is not too detailed. otherwise it will crash when you convert it to a brush.
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySo Mai 06, 2012 8:22 am

Yes I know, it's what i always do; i just forget to do it this time ^^

Btw, i heard you're a really good with AI Script and animations. So first i'll ask you if i can use Arc Trooper Mod new anims? And if you have a few time, could make the AI Script in my maps? Smile Cause i don't know why but it never works when i try to do it Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySo Mai 06, 2012 8:41 am

compare with original maps, then you will find the error! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Six
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySo Mai 06, 2012 9:07 am

honestly i don't have too much time on hand. i am already pretty busy with an udk-project. but it is always nice to see when someone is still modding for repcom and i would like to support your project. i know the most important stuff about animations, unrealscripting and AIscripts. i can't promise to deliver results but if you could upload those maps and tell me what exactly needs to be done i will probably find some time to have a look at it.

btw, good luck with your project.
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySo Mai 06, 2012 11:11 am

Delta RC-2235 schrieb:
compare with original maps, then you will find the error! Wink

It's always what I do but it won't works anyways Razz

Ok VI i'll upload them when they will be finished Smile

Btw good luck with your own project Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySa Mai 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Sry for doublepost but here is just a teaser before the incoming trailer Smile

Hope you'll like this even if it's really short Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Six
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySa Mai 19, 2012 3:14 pm

looks nice. would change the lightning in the first two scenes though. i guess you used some kind of zonelightning. either via level properties or a zone actor. however, simple light actors often give more realistic results.
Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptySa Mai 19, 2012 5:01 pm

not bad Wink not bad at all!
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMo Jul 02, 2012 10:17 am

Here I made my own version of Citadel map. It looks a bit similar to Cyro's version, but I think it looks a bit more like TCW. You'll see that the Citadel is the same, only the training ground changed compared to Cyro's map.Enjoy Wink

Translation from the French:

Citadel

Citadel is the last event of clone's training. Your skill and your team spirit will be strained.

And the voice at the end:

End of the training. Kamino is attaqued. All troopers are required.

PS:Of course, I'm not here to say that your work is not good Cyro, not at all; I only want to suggest another version of the map.

Nach oben Nach unten
Delta RC-2235
1st General
1st General
Delta RC-2235

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMo Jul 02, 2012 12:02 pm

^^ this map seems to be really popular Very Happy

tu aime cette map? Very Happy je suis heureux ^^
Bon travail Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMo Jul 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Of course, I love this map! And until you'll release Raxus Prime maps, it will be the best map according to me Razz

Du sprichst sehr gut französisch Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Six
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMo Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm

i am not sure whether there is an answer that will satisfy you. the system lucasarts uses here is quite complex. there are several textures which have to do with the visionmodes(most of them have 0x0 pixel and no influence on the image itself) and all we can do is to copy them.

you could simply replace the original texture. i have checked the actors which have to do with it and the textures as well. there is no setting where you can change the colour directly. instead of that you have to export and reimport Texture'FrameFX.FBFX.SniperOverlay' and Texture'FrameFX.FBFX.HUD_GlassSniper'. those are only the textures which have to do with the looking of the scope. both are blue so i doubt there is a variable with which you can change that colour somewhere. so those are the textures with which you can work. that should be the easiest and most efficient way.

if you don't want to replace the original data you'll have to copy all textures which have to do with that snipervisionmode and make the right settings. that contains HardwareShader'FrameFX.VisionShaders.VisionShaderSniper', HardwareShader'HardwareShaders.Hologram.Sniper', Texture'HardwareShaders.Gradients.GreyHoloFade' and some more. i would definatly not recommend that.

if you want to play with the visionmode a bit you should have a look at object->material->renderedMaterial->visionmode->visionmodesniper. does not help you with changing the colour i fear.

you can also try to insert a texture into the weapon actor's VisionModeZoom directly. then it's just like to put that specific texture in front of everything if i'm right.

you can also ask frazscotland about it. he experimented with that a while ago. i think he used the last method i suggested.

good luck
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMo Jul 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Well i just made a test. I copied/pasted 'FrameFX.VisionShaders.VisionShaderSniper' And 'FrameFX.VisionMod.VisionSniper' and under Texture in the shader, you can choose which texture do you want for the visor. Result is not so bad Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyDo Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am

After a long time of hard work, some resumption etc... I'm here to show you guys : Republic Commando Order 66: Kamino Campaign.
As the title says, it's a campaign which takes place on Kamino. It's working at 99 % even if it's not the final version but more a preview of what it will be. In fact, need to be worked again, a few details corrected, lighting improved etc etc...
However it still contains 5 playable maps (PRO, Kam_01A, Kam_01B, Kam_01C and Kam_01D) where you play as Viper, the Sev's replacer.
As you probably saw it, Kam_01B is an improved version of Cyro's Citadel map.

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  Swrepubliccommand...53-49-06-3d4

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  4.3

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  3.4

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  2.4

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  Droids

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  SWRepublicCommando_2013-03-07_12-47-36-62

Republic Commando 2-Order 66  4.1

Here is the download link: Here

And for all the updates about the mod, it'shere

Hope, you'll like it ! And tell me how i can improve it, what I can change etc...

Oh and a little tutorial to how to install the mod:

1)You make a copy of your vanilla RC (vanilla RC is RC without any mod installed)

2)You paste it wherever you want and rename it as you want (as soon as it's clear in your mind)

3)You extract the downloaded archive on your Desktop

4)You copy the contents of the Animations folder from the archive and paster it in the Animations folder from your copy of RC (sif it asks you to replace anything, just say yes (You don't care, it's just a copy of your original RC so your original RC is protected (as soon as you don't touch it) (Or you won't be able to play MP anymore)

5)You make the same thing for every folder (PS: Folder are in the GameData folder)

When it's done, open your game (GameData/System/SWRepublicCommando.exe (the icon with the Commando head) and start a new campaign. It will automatically start the custom maps Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
DCD
Lance Sergeant
Lance Sergeant
DCD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 127

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyDi Jul 09, 2013 7:02 am

looks nice Very Happy!
Nach oben Nach unten
XtaZe
Lance Corporal Gold
Lance Corporal Gold
XtaZe

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  EmptyMi Jul 10, 2013 8:13 pm

You can follow the mod on moddb Wink I try to make updates every months.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Republic Commando 2-Order 66    Republic Commando 2-Order 66  Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Republic Commando 2-Order 66
Seite 1 von 1